Thursday, January 5, 2012

Relief Society Women's Choir...

I was called in to the bishop's office in July and was asked if I wanted to and would be willing to sing with a few of the ladies in our ward and a big women's choir compiled together by Saratoga Springs Stakes and Eagle Mountain Stakes.  We would be singing for the Relief Society General Broadcast on September 24.

I was so excited and jumped on the opportunity.  We practiced every Sunday for weeks leading up to it for HOURS.  The very first practice was probably the most memorable for me.  As I walked into the designated church, I heard women singing and it literally sounded like the Mormon Tabernacle.   The spirit hit me like a tall, strong wave.  We weren't late, but most of the women were already there and they sounded like angels. I originally thought that they were playing a MoTab CD for us to listen to, but NOPE... it was the ladies I was going to be singing with.  Our music director was wonderful!  She brought the spirit so strong into every one of our practices and I am so grateful for that once in a lifetime opportunity I had to partake in.

Our dress rehearsal was on the 17th up at the conference center and it was open to our family members to come watch us rehearse.  My family, mom, and grandma were able to make it.



No comments: