Thursday, January 5, 2012

Loss and gain...

On August 11, I left this in Adam's drawer...

Hard to see, but definitely there.
On August 16th, I started a miscarriage.  We went to see my NP, and had my progesterone tested (my sisters have had progesterone problems, so I knew it was a possibility that mine would be low).  They checked it, and at 6 weeks pregnant, the absolute LOWEST my progesterone should have been was 10... as in TEN.  Mine was at 0.9... as in zero POINT nine.  So my NP gave me a prescription for Progesterone for the next time we wanted to get pregnant.  I would start taking it right away, once I received a postitive result.

The miscarriage was hard.  I was really down the first day and I asked for a blessing from Adam.  Heavenly Father told me that I would receive the righteous desires of my heart.  I was so comforted that I almost felt guilty for not feeling so bad anymore.  The Holy Ghost is truly a comforter.

Well, September 18 rolled around and this is what we got.
I actually did this test a week later so I would have a more solid positive (after we already knew we were pregnant).
We had decided not to wait any cycles, and to just let nature run its course... and of course... since we are so fertile, we were pregnant again right away.  I started Progesterone meds and they kicked my butt.  I had to take them until 10 weeks.  And then I felt more normal again. Well, as normal as ANY woman can feel while being pregnant.

 I know Heavenly Father has His hand in my life.  I know that the baby I was pregnant with before either wasn't ready or wasn't going to live...so Heavenly Father allowed it to stay with Him.  I also know that Heavenly Father blessed us so soon after that loss because of the promise he made to me in my blessing.  I am truly grateful for the ability to bear children and that I haven't had the trials that so many of my loved ones have had to go through. My heart goes out to them and I count myself very lucky.

No comments: