Thursday, March 24, 2011

Personal Progress...

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my new calling?!?  I have always loved Young Women's and getting to be a part of it as a leader is just as much fun!  It is pretty time consuming, but worth the time and effort we get to put into it. 
Since I am a leader, I have the opportunity to do my Personal Progress program again.  And since the church has set up the personal progress program online, it just makes it THAT much more convenient!  The last couple of days I haven't been able to stop!  I am just relishing in the spirit that is always present as I focus on making myself a better person.


Now, I know that I haven't been completely neglecting commandments, and actually felt that I was doing okay... but I have started reading the scriptures both in English and Italian again, studying with Adam again, saying MORNING and evening prayers and for meals, reading the Ensign, New Era, and The Friend... and I have to say... I was missing out!  This burst of spiritual insight has been WONDERFUL.  It makes me wonder why I was so lazy, because it just makes my day better.  And the best thing of all is that I seem to have more patience with Brody, and that is HUGE for me.  I, by nature, have never been a very patient person... and it reflects with the way that I discipline Brody.  This spirit has helped me to TEACH him what he's not doing right (aka hitting Mason, pushing hard on Mason, pooping in big boys, etc) rather than just getting frustrated and making him feel worse without getting an explanation of why mommy is upset with him. 

That is my personal SPIRITUAL progress... and that is not the only progress that I have made.  Yesterday after working out, I weighed in and I have officially hit a 40 pound loss!!!  I am ecstatic.  I only have 9 more pounds until I reach my next weight loss goal!!  And that goal is a HUGE goal.  When I started this loss, I really didn't see myself reaching this goal so quickly, so I am really grateful that my body is allowing me to work it so hard to get this excess weight off.  I FEEL great!  Here's to continuing with this process and staying motivated!!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

You've lost 40 pounds? That's AWESOME! Keep up the good work. I totally need some motivation...

leah said...

You are sooo awesome! I hope you know how much I appreciate you and how much I rely on you! What a great example for the girls- exactly what they need. I love hangin' out with you too!

Deedles said...

Thats great! It is amazing what scripture study and prayer can do. Congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up! You are looking great!