Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Brody dump it..."

This is one of my new favorite sayings..."Brody dump it..." because inevitably every time I hear this phrase it means that Brody went to the bathroom in his little toilet and is dumping it into the big toilet!  I don't know where this newfound desire to potty train came from with him, BUT I WILL TAKE IT ANY TIME!!  Brody received big boys for his birthday and was excited about them for maybe 2 days when he got them... and then he forgot all about them.  Well, he was going through his drawer and he came running into our room holding one a week ago, and that is where it all kicked off.  Brody has been diaper free during the day for a week!  We had a few accidents in the beginning, but the last 4 or 5 days have been accident free!  The last two nights he has just been obsessed with sitting in on his toilet, pushing just a teeny tiny bit out, dumping it... and then completing the cycle over and over again.  He will even sit up on the big toilet now too, but I think he prefers his toilet.  One of the big, exciting things is that he even recognizes when he needs to go while he is in the bathtub, and he asks to get out to go pee and then he'll get back in!  The next step for us is to start taking him out on our errands so that he knows he has to hold it while in the car, etc... but I am a little scared of pee all over his carseat and down onto our car seat, but it must be done sooner or later. :)  Our little boy is growing up so fast!!

Here are some of the pictures we have gotten of this process... don't worry, they are all clean!
Photobucket
Photobucket
We also had a picture of Brody in these big boys... but he was kind of spread eagle, so I decided not to post it.

Brody decided he was big enough to get on the toilet by himself... and he did great getting on and going when his little seat was pulled out.  Then one time, he got on after I had closed the lid, and he forgot to pull his little seat out to sit on and this is what happened...
Photobucket
I thought for sure he would be scared of the big toilet again, but once I explained that his little seat has to be down because he has a little bum and mommy doesn't need it because she has a big bum, he wasn't so scared.  Now he goes around saying, "Mommy have big bum."  Oh well...

3 comments:

what a life said...

Oh my that makes me laugh sooo hard! I love the pictures with baby mason in the big boy panties!

The Oakey's said...

I totally can relate to this. Ryan does really well for the most part but has had an accident in the car once. Good luck, I hope he keeps going for you! Your boys are so cute!

Krista Neil said...

Oh the joys of potty training, I rememeber putting a grocery/walmart sack on the car-seat to protect it from "accident." You are doing really good, that job is one of my least favorite!