Thursday, June 23, 2011

Goal Accomplished...

Since having Mason, I have been working out a lot more than I ever did after having Brody.  A friend in my ward invited me to do a Triathlon sprint with her.  At first I basically laughed at her, and then as I thought about it more, I knew it would be really good for me to set a goal of finishing the race and not completely making a fool of myself.  Well... I FINISHED (not quite sure if I made a fool of myself though ;) )

In all honesty, I didn't do a whole lot of preparation the last month...  I wish I would have.


Our race started off with a 300 yd swim, then we transitioned to a 11.5 mile bike ride, and then to a 5k jog.  My swim was slower than I had once practiced, then the bike ride seemed to be a bit harder/slower than I had practiced, and by the end I felt like I was jogging in jello.... but I FINISHED!!  I have a number to beat the next time I decide to do a triathlon... :)

Here are my stats:
Swim: 9:14
Bike: 54:55
Jog: 38:50
Overall 1:46:51

Not very impressive times, but I am still glad I did it.  I plan to work harder and try it again... Thanks for getting me to do it, Leah!!!  You rocked it!!  

4 comments:

Ang Campbell said...

I'm SO proud of you!!! That's just awesome :) Can't wait to hear about your next one!

Sarah Dowland said...

Thanks! :) It was an awesome experience to have! I had a few lazy weeks, but got motivated again this week by a great sister and her 6 week challenge! ;) Thanks for the little push back to working out and healthiness!

Chase and Teresa said...

Awesome, Sarah! Way to stick with it!

WILDERS said...

That is great! I wish I could do that...I know dang well that I would drown when it came to the swimming portion. Way to go!