Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weekend away...

Ever since receiving my new call in the Young Women's, I haven't wanted to leave the girls... but this last weekend we went down to my in-laws' for the weekend.  It was wonderful to just get away for a couple of days... not to mention all of the things we were able to do.

We headed down Friday night.  It was both our ward's and Adam's parents' ward's "Father and son campout".  So we went down for them to have a 3-generation father and son campout.  I took Adam and Brody over to the campground, and Mason and I headed to the Dowland's house.  While the boys were having a good time camping, we had a ladies + Mason night.  We watched American Idol results and Bones... and then we played Ticket to Ride.  It was a lot of fun.

Went to bed, planning on going running in the morning before the boys got home.  Mason slept great, so I slept in until about 8:30.  When I finally did wake up, I opened the door, and Adam was back already.  So, he let me go do my run without the kiddos and then we cleaned up after I got back.

Nicole was so good to us this last weekend!!  She watched the boys for us so we could go to lunch and then to the temple.  It was SOOO good to be back at the temple!  It had been since I was pregnant... so it was VERY NEEDED!  We got back and a mere hour later left again for a "romantic dinner" that the Youth in their ward put on as a fundraiser.  We had our own little private table, rose as a centerpiece (that I got to take home afterward), and yummy food!  It was a nice little "date".  Honestly, the best part was that Adam suggested we walk back to their house after (a mere 1 1/2 mile walk).  It was so nice to just hold hands and get to talk about everything and nothing at the same time.  I love my husband.  He is so good for me.  He is so good to me!  He knows how to make my heart pitter-patter like a little girl again.

We got back to their house and decided to do a bonfire in their back yard.  They have some trees that were ruined by the weight of the snow this winter... so they have been trimming them all back and we had a good pile of branches to burn up.

Janet had received a bag of HUGE marshmallows from Nichelle for Mother's day and it gave us an opportunity to have some pretty intense s'mores.


We got up and went to church with them and just had a relaxing sabbath day.  It was a great weekend!

We did a first while down there... bathed the boys together!!


1 comment:

Ang Campbell said...

hehehe. love the tubby time pics together :) too cute!!